Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Nanomix is the leader in the development of mobile, affordable point-of-care diagnostics, offering a handheld testing platform and assays that provide rapid, accurate, quantitative information for use in settings where time-to-diagnosis is critical for clinical decision-making and improved patient care. Our goal is to expand access to quality healthcare by bringing diagnostics to the point of initial patient interaction, whether in the hospital or in pre-hospital, remote, or alternative settings. Nanomix has tests for the diagnosis of sepsis and COVID-19 and is looking for an assay development scientist to help accelerate these programs and the development of other IVD assay products in the pipeline. This is an opportunity to work with a world class team to deliver an advanced, mobile medical diagnostic platform of urgent need to the healthcare industry.
- Creative self-starter
- Capable of independently designing, executing and interpreting experiments and able to analyze and solve problems in an efficient and disciplined fashion
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary team environment
- You are located in the San Francisco Bay Area
Purpose of Position
- IVD assay development and characterization
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, test, and evaluate concepts for diagnostic tests with an emphasis on assay performance, systems integration, reliability, and cost.
- Identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve assay performance and expand assay diagnostic capabilities; optimize electrochemical bio-sensing platform towards broad array of diagnostic applications.
- Establish assay performance characteristics, such as LOD, precision, and other assay validation activities.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis using statistical software tools such as R &/or JMP.
- Use detailed documentation skills in maintaining lab notebooks, drafting reports and organizing data in compliance with GLP, GMP, ISO 13485 and standard operating procedures.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, or related field with 2+ years of experience in research and development, especially IVD diagnostic assay development, or BS or MS with 4-6 years of experience.
- Experience with a repertoire of techniques in molecular biology, biochemistry, &/or biochemistry, particularly any of the following:
- immunoassay techniques &/or protein chemistry
- electrochemical biosensors applied to bio-sensing (enzymes, peptides, DNA, etc.)
- microfluidics-based multiplex assay development
For other inquiries about employment opportunities at Nanōmix, please send your resume or CV to:
Nanōmix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.